Medical Billing Attorney in Long Island
Easing the Stress Associated with Medical Debt
When you receive medical treatment, you expect the administrative office to manage the billing appropriately. They should run all necessary procedures through your insurance, and your insurance should, in turn, cover everything according to your policy. You are given a final bill for your treatment, and you pay it off. The story should end there, but when it doesn't, a medical billing lawyer may be the best solution for the resulting problems.
Speak with an Attorney Before Doing Anything Else!
Often, however, you find surprise bills in your mailbox weeks or months later. Do not pay any of these expenses. Contact us first for a free consultation. At the Law Office of Gregory A. Goodman, P.C., our Long Island medical debt defense lawyer knows your rights.
Ask us about filing a lawsuit on your behalf against the healthcare provider and the third-party collection agency at no cost to you. Call (800) 242-3740 or contact the Law Office of Gregory A. Goodman, P.C. online for a medical billing attorney.
Our firm can investigate the validity of these unexpected bills. We can craft your response letter, helping ensure that you pay only what you expected. Taking the matter completely out of your hands, we can help you rest easy.
Types of Medical Bills You Might Receive
Surprise Medical Bills
Surprise bills expect you to pay for the following:
- Partial Payment of Services Rendered, even though you should have been covered
- Full Payment of Services Rendered, even though you should have been covered
- “Balance Billing” – this is when the healthcare provider claims that insurance did not pay your bill in full. Therefore, it charges you the difference.
Unexpected Medical Bills
Below are some examples of unexpected medical bills that you may receive:
- Collection Letter Medical Bills/Medical Debt – Do not pay or speak to any collection agencies, debt buyers, collection attorneys, or third-party collectors. Reach out to a Long Island medical bill debt attorney instead.
- Surprise Medical Bills/Medical Debt – We've represented individuals and families who have received “surprise bills” for services that should have been covered under their health care plan. If the provider is coming after you for payment, do not pay! Talk to a medical billing advocate today.
- Emergency Service Medical Bills/Medical Debt: If you have received an emergency service bill for emergency services that should have been covered by your health care plan, call our office to explore your rights. Our law firm has successfully collected money for our clients and extinguished their debt by bringing several affirmative action against the healthcare provider and third-party collection agencies in both State and Federal Court for violations under both Federal and New York State Law. Click here to see success stories.
“Best money I ever spent!”Excellent lawyer! I live out of state and needed a lawyer in NY I could trust. He made no promises, always upfront about the possible outcomes. He always worked very hard to get me the results I needed. He came through every time! He understood my financial circumstances and worked with me so I could hire him within my budget. Best money I ever spent! He’s honest and trustworthy, and I’m grateful for his help in more than one legal matter. I can’t say enough great things about Greg.- Ted R.
“Very professional”Very professional, very respectful and kind, and got the job done for me.- Barwhale G.
“Greg will thoroughly, effectively and patiently represent you for all your personal injury needs. Cannot recommend him enough.”“Greg will thoroughly, effectively and patiently represent you for all your personal injury needs. Cannot recommend him enough.”- Steven D.
“I highly recommend Mr. Goodman.”I endorse this lawyer. Gregory A. Goodman is an excellent trial attorney and is very well researched in what he does. Mr. Goodman will never come to a trial or a motion conference unless he is fully prepared and knows everything that is going on with the file. He is a fierce advocate and is excellent at what he does. I highly recommend Mr. Goodman.- Jason T.
“Gregory handled a Consumer Credit dispute for me within weeks!”Gregory handled a Consumer Credit dispute for me within weeks! He's very efficient, responsive, and professional. I would definitely recommend him for helping you resolve your consumer credit disputes!- Bee. G
“Goodman is a person of human quality, responsible and honest. I recommend it.”You who are reading, will be in good hands. Goodman is a person of human quality, responsible and honest. I recommend it.- Melissa F.
“I highly recommend Mr. Goodman.”I highly recommend Mr. Goodman. I was in a hopeless, scary medical debt situation which he was able to assist me with. From my first consultation with him the weight was lifted off my shoulders. Within just a short time court was able to be avoided and a reasonable settlement was established.- Gabrielle B.
“Greg is a very trustworthy, knowledgeable attorney”Greg is handling a litigation matter for me. He is efficient, is moving my case right along and treating me with the upmost respect. He keeps me advised of all phases of the case and I believe he will fight for the best recovery that I can possibly receive. Not many attorneys are this conscientious.- Client